NO EGGS YET??? from my WCBP

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by CyndiD, Jan 24, 2016.

1. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Hi, I have 2 WCBP chickens they are almost 10 mos old and I still have not seen any eggs from them yet. All my chickens do free range every day, and I know they could be laying them anywhere. I have watched them and they do not venture very far from the coop. I have searched all around our property (which has tons of brush and trees) and haven't found a possible nest. I assume the eggs size if smaller than a LH? and bigger than a Seabright? I have not seen any of my roos cover them either, darn, because I would love to hatch their eggs.
    Can anyone tell me when Polish typically start laying and anyother info that may help me find their eggs. I have been reading about the Polish and I am 99% sure my 2 are hens. I will take pics today and post them so you can see them for identifying them as hen or not. I have not heard either crowing.
    Thanks for any help.

2. JetCat

JetCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Southeast Alabama
    8-10 months is common for Polish chickens, you're right there in the ballpark of getting an egg any day, good luck!!

3. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    @jetcat thank you, I will start watching them alot closer now.

4. JetCat

JetCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Southeast Alabama
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by