No eggs yet...hhmmmm

Heathero617

Songster
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Mosheim
I got my flock >for the most part< in March of this year. I have left of the originals 1 barred rock roo, a barred rock hen, and a red sexlink hen. Ok so march, april, may, june, july, august, september.....WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE MY EGGS? LOL I had been getting 1 very small egg every 2 weeks or so from i suspect either a dutch bantam or a bantam wyandotte lookin girl. But i'm not even getting those any more. I've got those 4 girls who to me should be giving me something, plus i've got a barred/lavander cochin, 3 game girls who should be laying or very close to it. I'm far more worried about my rock and sexlink as i KNOW they are old enough. Yes they freerange most of the day but i have gone on egg hunts to where they always hang out and nothing. My sexlink hasnt even gone red in the comb or face area, my rock had a curled over comb but it has straightened up now and she is very red so I keep looking and nothing still. Maybe I should take them to a chicken shrink or something to help them sort out their problems or something?

Mine are 17 weeks old and I continue to check the
nests everyday.....watched pot never boils.
he.gif

Sometimes they take longer than we'd like. Out of this year's hatch (late Jan. and early Feb.) I still have two Olive Eggers holding out on me.
idunno.gif
But I'm a bit surprised that your BR and especially your RSL aren't laying yet. Is it possible that they're laying in a "secret" spot? Have you checked around well?

Oops, just read the end of your post - I should really read the whole thing before answering! However, given that they free range, I would almost bet that somewhere there's a pile of eggs you don't know about. They can be sneaky!

Last edited:
Quote:
thats just 1 week less than a month. or 168 hours or 10080 minutes or 60480 seconds or one slow and painful long week that takes 168 hours or 10080 minutes or 60480 seconds. am i totally making you feel like it is going to take forever! i hope so!
gig.gif

Yeah i have walked and walked and moved bushes and brush and followed them for hours and nothing. No secret stashes no squatting no song no sweet sounds of production )O:

Back
Top Bottom