No eggs yet

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Doodadman, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Doodadman

Doodadman Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2009
    I got 4 girls. The Americanna and the Wyandoote are 6 months and the Sussex and California White are 5 months. I'm not seeig any signs that any of them are ready to lay eggs. They all ahve been eating more lately but this may be due to the colder weather. They also are not interested in the greens I uleave out for them. I stopped giving them scratch and switched the feed over to a layer mix. I figured to have some eegs between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I know it is not Christmas yet but I know what I want Santa to bring me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. smarsh2

smarsh2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Are their combs getting redder? they are not that old (see George's post in here:D) give them awhile. I have found it isn't hard to get eggs, it may be hard to get top production.

3. Doodadman

Doodadman Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2009
    The combs are getting redder and they are all plumbing up. I have two milk crates in the coop filled with pine shavings, but no interest at all yet.

4. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

I know its frustrating waiting, but that's about all you can do. The last of my 4 girls started laying recently. A BA at 27 weeks and an EE at 28 weeks. They are all 28½ weeks old now. I had switched over to layer feed after the 1st girl started laying a month and a ½ ago and none of the 3 other girls had the leathery first eggs. I imagine you can expect the same. It will be soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by