No eggs

Trixie27FL

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 9, 2011
I had 5 Ameracuana hens that are 26 weeks old and I was getting 3 to 4 eggs a week from them. One morning last week I found one dead in the coop when I went to let them out. I haven't had an egg since. Not sure what is going on. Could it be she was my only layer or are the others reacting to her loss? Not sure how to get the egg laying started again.

I had 5 Ameracuana hens that are 26 weeks old and I was getting 3 to 4 eggs a week from them. One morning last week I found one dead in the coop when I went to let them out. I haven't had an egg since. Not sure what is going on. Could it be she was my only layer or are the others reacting to her loss? Not sure how to get the egg laying started again.

Was there any clues as to why she died?

Was there any clues as to why she died?
I have 9 hens in total.They have a large coop with multiple laying boxes but at night they all tend to clump together into one box. I can only assume she was at the bottom of the pile and either suffocated or got her neck broken. There were no injuries and the coop is completely predator proof, so nothing got her.

Back
Top Bottom