No eggs?

oodle

Chirping
Oct 3, 2021
My flock has been eggless for multiple months now. Like, for two whole seasons. Since halfway through summer my chickens have not been laying any eggs. I have two 2-year old chickens, and 2 2-month old chickens. I can understand the younger ones not being able to lay yet- but my older ones? They aren’t so old that they are done laying eggs… right? Also, I am aware that chickens will slow down/stop laying eggs when molting, but this eggless period has been going on for longer than the molting period. Is something wrong? Nesting boxes not good enough? Also, I am sure they are not laying in a secret place/hiding their eggs because I have checked. Anyone have any insight?

multi-flock feather-focused crumble feed
What exactly is this....link to product, or exact brand and model?

How old are they in months?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1638487265740.png

One young one is a Lavender Orpington, other young one is a Rhode Island Red. One of the older ones is a Rhode Island White and the other older one is a Golden Comet.
Now that’s weird. Those are all great layers, I have the classic Rhode Island’s, and they are still laying (they’re only 1 year old-ish).
What do you feed them?

Now that’s weird. Those are all great layers, I have the classic Rhode Island’s, and they are still laying (they’re only 1 year old-ish).
What do you feed them?
I feed them multi-flock feather-focused crumble feed. I fed them an egg layer feed a few months ago, but then they started to molt so we switched. I think the next bag of food I get will be egg laying feed. But to answer your question, feather-growing feed at the moment. However I have fed them egg-layer in the past. They also go free range on weekends, so they are eating anything appetizing they find in the lawn.

Back
Top Bottom