no eggs

wallish

Hatching
12 Years
Dec 28, 2007
I am caretaking my nieghbor's chickens until (if) they return from New York state. (They plan to be gone about two years)

The first 2-3 months the chickens (5) were laying nicely- We had 3-4 eggs a day. Sometime around the end of September, they started moulting, first one then another...feathers everywhere, eggs nowhere.

I don't think they are still moulting. The chickens seem to have all their feathers back but still no eggs. They have plenty of food, access to water and spend most of the day pecking around in the yard. They are the same age, about 1 1/2 years old. Why aren't we getting any eggs? (We are in the Los Angeles area if that makes any difference)

Thanks
Wallis

Mine just went through molt too.....just ended.all feathers back, still no eggs........it must take a bit before they start to lay again? since you are in mild climate (I grew up in Hacienda Heights
big_smile.png
) it may just take a week or two......I also babysit........ 14 bantams for someone on here that is fight OKlahoma City to pass a law saying she can have city chickens.........I am so attached now....

Back
Top Bottom