no eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Alabama ee, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    I was getting an egg a day from my EE's since they were 20 weeks to about 2 weeks ago. Then, the eggs almost stopped about 2 weeks ago. Now, I am getting no eggs.
    [​IMG] My EE's are about 8 months old now. Have they stopped for the winter? It is not that cold yet here. During the day it is about 80 F.

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Are they losing feathers or acting strangely? They might be broody or molting.

3. linben

linben Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Are you sure they aren't laying somewhere else and you haven't found them?

4. Alabama ee

Feb 18, 2010
    I looked and didn't see any. I am starting to miss my fresh eggs.

Quote:

5. RoRoinGA

RoRoinGA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2010
    NE GA
    My Sussex are doing the same thing, I'm really perturbed. One of my hens, born April 2010 had been laying for 2 months, then bam, she is on vacation. Whats going on?

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    All of my hens have just QUIT!

not one egg today.

7. Alabama ee

Feb 18, 2010
    Quote:I have found a few extra feathers around. But not that many more. It is mostly the fluffy feathers. Are they too young to molt? They are only 8 months. All their faces and combs are still a bright red.

I so want fresh eggs for breakfast. I am not ready to get the yucky ones in the store.

8. Alabama ee

Feb 18, 2010
    I feel the same way. I hope both of ours start laying soon.

Quote:

9. fishermans wife

fishermans wife Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Ventura County
    It is very possible they are going into moult - mine moulted that young, and started with the fluffy feathers. Some moult slower than others, so you don't see huge amounts of feathers all at once. Also, the days are getting shorter - so that impacts how often they lay. It is frustrating to be sure! But I found they all take time off for many reasons. Usually I end up getting store bought to at least use when I need them for baking, and savor the fresh eggs for that omelet!

10. Tiss

Tiss Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    It's a relief to hear I'm not the only one going through this. I have a March-hatch BR who laid faithfully for over a month who hasn't laid in over a month now. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by