No Eggs!

Mine are LF brahmas that I got in mid may. The first one layed about a week ago. I read on here to watch for red combs & wattles....when u notice they are red instead of the pink they used to be you are closed to eggs. Has worked for mine so far. I am new to this but I have also noticed my rooster only pays attention to those that are mature enough too lay.

I have some April hatched black copper marans and just got my first egg today. I added an artificial light to my coop about a week ago becuase I knew if they didint have about 15 hours of light they would prob not lay much anything until next year. It seems it may have worked for me.

Maybe this will make you feel better... I have fourteen 7 month olds (April hatch) , fifteen 5 1/2 month olds (early June hatch) , and nine 1 year old hens in various stages of molt. In the last few weeks I've been lucky to get TWO eggs a day,, there was even a day when I got ZERO!!! . About two weeks ago I started to get 3, then 4 eggs daily, moving up to 5, 6, & 7 over the last week, then ELEVEN today!!! TI'm pretty sure all of them were from my pullets except the lovely blue egg from one of my older EE's who just came back into lay this week after finishing her molt. It WILL HAPPEN!! :)

Last edited:
10 yesterday and 10 today including a first green egg from one of my April hatched Easter Eggers. Pretty soon I'll have more eggs than I know what to do with.

Back
Top Bottom