NO EGGS

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SuperLuke, Jul 30, 2014.

1. SuperLuke

SuperLuke Chirping

Apr 25, 2014
    My chickens are 2 years old . And I think 2 of them are not laying . We have 4 adult chickens and get 2 eggs usually a day . 2 of them haven't bin laying for the LONGEST TIME! I think the 2 that are not laying are Rhode Island reds

2. SuperLuke

SuperLuke Chirping

Apr 25, 2014
    I want to get eggs while they are still young

3. hebertchick12

hebertchick12 Chirping

Jul 2, 2014
    Raceland, LA
    What are you feeding them?

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the Word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Lots of reasons why chickens can stop laying from hot summer temps or even quick drops in temps, health related issues, stress, improper diet with not enough protein, too many treats, and if they are free rangers, they may be laying out in the field somewhere. Here is a thread on why my chickens are not laying that may be of help to you....https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/423023/why-arent-my-chickens-laying-here-are-your-answers

Good luck and I hope they start laying for you soon!

5. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons

Apr 23, 2014
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

X2, poor nutrition, lack of calcium or water, too many treats, hot or cold temps, stress or health issues an all cause laying decreases. Make sure they have the proper feed with extra calcium on the side, water, light, clean living quarters and make sure they are healthy.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Is it possible you have an egg eating hen, or predators that are helping themselves to breakfast?

7. [​IMG]

Looks like you have received a lot of different reasons for your hens to not be producing egg's [​IMG]

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Crowing

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join us. You've been given some good information on why you may not be getting eggs. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. I hope you start getting eggs soon. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: