No eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chquinta, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Chquinta

Chquinta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2015
    Moss Hill, Texas
    ok so I'm only getting 1 maybe 2 eggs a day from 4 birds they have been laying since January so they can't be molting? I have been getting 3-4 eggs aday until this week. They seem to be eating and drinking poop if kind of questionable from 2 birds. I thought maybe coccida this would be the 5th day though and there's no droopness there still chasing my new flock for pecking order. For sure I'm not getting an egg from my RSL Hen she lays a big brown egg and haven't gotten 1 since Monday. What could it be I'm going to buy wormer tomorrow should I give them a coccida treatment too or no what should I do help please..

2. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    I wouldn't treat any birds with medications unless I knew for sure that it had a specific disease.

IIRC you had some pretty significant flooding, and you also have new birds...those stressors alone could be slowing egg production.

Also if you free range, they may be laying out in there range area somewhere.

3. Chquinta

Jan 9, 2015
    Moss Hill, Texas
    I did have the flooding which I've had before and they were still laying and the new birds I've have separate for 30 days then feb 13 I put them inside the big coop but in a little coop so my old flock could here them and then but not get to them. Then ever week I would let them out in to the big coop while the old flock free ranged and they would come out too and of course the pecking order. Now I have them all together and they do fine with them but my 2 reds are the ones that peck at them more. The still roost separate though little ones back in the little coop. I just would have figured that they were used to them already since they have been with them and we're still laying pretty good.

I can still worm them right?

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    You can do what ever you want......
    ......realize tho that most worming meds require you to not eat the eggs for about 3 weeks.
    Choose your medication carefully.
    I can't give advice on a specific wormer med because I've never used one.

5. Chquinta

Jan 9, 2015
    Moss Hill, Texas
    You can do what ever you want......
    ......realize tho that most worming meds require you to not eat the eggs for about 3
    weeks.
    Choose your medication carefully.
    I can't give advice on a specific wormer med because I've never used one.

Well I was told to use wazine for the wormer and yes I know I have to disgard the eggs but it's better now then there not laying consistently then when I'm getting 3-4 a day. I was just trying to see there not laying as to the new flock has been around for a good month now and they have been laying good up until this week on Tuesday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by