NO EGGS!!!!

chickabator

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
ky
I have some ameraucanas that are almost 9 months old and they still have not laid an egg . whats wrong with them? we checked the bone width and they are still just 1 finger. Are they ever going to lay an egg?

Do they show any signs of getting ready to lay?Are their combs starting to flop over?or becoming bigger?Do they go in nest boxes if you have any? Some can take up to 10 months to lay.

their combs are red have been for 3 months now so squatting nothing . no they couldn't be laying anywhere else I have checked in the run and the hen house nothing what so ever.

WOW, none of my girls have laid since their molt in August as well! I was begining to wonder. I don't ever remember a molt taking so long.

It's been really hot till just this month, so I guess they got a double wamy of molt and heat.

My bantys who have hatched out 2 clutches each are not even letting the roo close to them and thier babys are 4 - 5 months old. I've seperated them from the babies, but one of them continues to hang around the pullet coop.

Tis a mystery!!!
idunno.gif
hu.gif
th.gif

Iam glad I'm not the only one with this problem.
smile.png
now I need a solution. Keep me updated on your hens fellow southerners.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom