No email yet.....sigh.........

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by columbiacritter, Mar 14, 2011.

1. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Songster

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Supposed to get my Ideal order this week. Anxiously waiting and hopign they make it out ok.

2. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Songster

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    I ordered from Ideal too. I never got an email. In fact, I wrote to ask about that since the first email said I would get one with a shipping confirmation. She wrote me back that night and told me that mine had shipped two days prior. Next morning, phone call! Hang in there, some people just don't get the emails.

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    LOL .. I got FOUR emails.. lol.

I also call them about mid'day on the day my chicks are supposed to ship and inquire about the status. They have no problem with you calling and checking to see if they shipped or when they anticipate they will.

Enjoy your chicks!

4. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Songster

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Last word, was they would ship the 16th. I'll be callign them that day for sure!

5. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Songster

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    15th, no email.... trying to be patient, trying really hard.........................[​IMG]

6. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Songster

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    I also never received an email either times... Not sure if I was suppose to with the one's that were resent due to DOA but my first ordered exactly 2 days after shipment and I am expecting my next order in the morning..
    Is it normal to be excited about the surprise roosters they are putting in there as well...

I am praying for a BO, BR, EE, BA, rooster.. I am going to keep at least one and can't wait to see them [​IMG]

7. mistymeadowchicks

mistymeadowchicks Chirping

Nov 19, 2010
    I haven't dealt w/ Ideal, but I was expecting an email from Mt. Healthy which I did not get (My chicks actually arrived a day early, just no email). I would contact the post office, give them a heads up that you're expecting chicks, give them a phone # which will hopefully be on the box too, and make sure they hold them for you to pick up. This worked great for me --I got a 6:30 AM phone call that my very noisy box had arrived! (I don't think the PO was too fired up about the noisy box riding around in the w/ the carrier anyway.) '[​IMG]' Good luck & have fun!

8. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Songster

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Quote:My PO knows to call me. According to them there's only been one other person who ever got live anything shipped thru them. They thought getting boxes of chicks was funky, but when I had two full grown roosters shipped they were sure I needed to be medicated.

If I don't hear form the PO or get an email tomorrow I will call. Twiddling thumbs, sighing deeply.

9. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Songster

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Quote:My PO knows to call me. According to them there's only been one other person who ever got live anything shipped thru them. They thought getting boxes of chicks was funky, but when I had two full grown roosters shipped they were sure I needed to be medicated.

If I don't hear form the PO or get an email tomorrow I will call. Twiddling thumbs, sighing deeply.

Couldn't wait, called the PO to make sure they weren't there. The Postla guy remembered me and said my # is still written on the wall over his desk.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: