No gift party for preschooler

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by dawnrae, Mar 6, 2017.

1. dawnrae

dawnrae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    We were invited to a 4 year olds birthday party & the parents have request "no gifts, please". So.... do we show up with nothing or do you think cards, balloons, etc are ok? What about gift cards?? (They are friends of our family & I know they don't like clutter & are particular with the toys they buy for their kids... )

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    As they are friends of yours, why not call and ask one of the parents? Aside from that, take a nice card.

3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Honor their request, but ask if you can bring something: Ice cream, chips, juice?

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    How refreshing! Having a party just be about being with folks you like, spending time together, letting the kiddos play. What an amazing concept [​IMG].

Seriously, I'd just ask them. Say "I understand you don't want gifts, but I feel awkward showing up empty handed. What would you like me to bring?" If they say nothing, honor that.

5. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    I would bring a gift and leave it in the car. If other people bring gifts you could pull it out and if not take it back to the store.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by