1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

No Go!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Tikkajazz94, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well My sister is not getting a Budgie but a Hamster!
    I did reseach on them Before!! So I Now what to do with it,

2. Puff of Fluff

Puff of Fluff Chillin' With My Peeps

Hamsters are really neat too! I had a girl (Sylvia) and a boy (Sylvester) when I was a little girl. They each had their own cages that I fixed up to look like little houses [​IMG]. And they would run on their wheels for what seemed like hours and hours. I truly loved them and they lived for quite a long time.

3. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    hmmm I had rats and I LOVED them! Never had a hamster though let me know how that goes.

4. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    I've had rats, mice and hamsters. I must say that out of those 3 the hamsters stunk the worst, but I also had about 20 at a time. The other thing I noticed was that they bite way more then the other rodents. That's just been my experience with them. They sure are cute and I'd have them again if only I had more time and more room.

5. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Hamsters are more ebil than Silkies ..unless you get a Robo.... then you shouldn't get bit, but don't handle them too far from the floor ..they jump and boy o'boy are they ever FAST!!! [​IMG]

Consuela hit the floor running one... only one.. time! I'm a quick study.. [​IMG] ...don't EVER let it happen again, I said to myself while out of breath and heart racing.. [​IMG]

6. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well I have Been Wanting a Hamster. The Hamster will Be in My room. For My Brothers Girlfriend is Staying At their Place for seven Months so yeah.

We have the Cage, THe tudes, Wheel, Stuff that Comes with the Tubes and Water Thing.

We have to get a Food Dish, the hamster, food and also More Tubes. I want this Thing To Be BIG!!!

7. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    I used to love making my hamsters little cities. I would have tubes going all over my room from cage to cage, along the walls, across my bookcase, they were everywhere.

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

I hate hamster's, won't touch most of them without gloves, they've mean little buggers. THough I have met a few ok ones. Hopefully you get a good one! But if you want something that's actually social, sweet, and wants to be with you and won't bite, get a rat. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by