no green eggs and ham... sad i am...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by milleryardchx, Jul 29, 2008.

1. milleryardchx

milleryardchx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    I have an Amerucana who is almost 6 months old.... today i go out to the nest box i have three brown eggs.. two barred rock normal light brown shells and one brown speckled egg!??!! what the? so here is my question did my Ameruacana finally!!!! lay an egg or did one of my BR do double duty because she thinks she has to cover for her sister because of all these "talks" to lucy my Amercuana about chicken noodle soup or deviled eggs ultimatums?

ohh i should mention one BR skipped laying yesturday for the first time... so maybe double wammiii for make up

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Is your hen a pure blooded ameraucana (from a breeder's stock) or did you get her from a hatchery? Hatchery stock 'americanas, amerucana, etc' are usually 'Easter Eggers' and while they will often lay colored eggs, they can also lay good ole brown ones..

And can I point out that I have kitchen envy? Your floor and cabinets and ocuntertop colors are just what I want to do if I can ever save up enough pennies for a kitchen overhaul!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  3. milleryardchx

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:she is from a local breeder she should be pure.... kichen is purgo maple floors dont scrach for anything there better than wood cabinets are just normal oak and counter are formica no fancy stone or granite

4. VT Chick-lit

VT Chick-lit Out Of The Brooder

I have Purgo flooring thru most of the first floor of my house. I have had it for 9 years. It is still like new, even though we track dirt and pebbles from out side on our shoes through out the first floor. I love my Pergo and would never have anything else! Also, it is not too expensive and can be laid by do-it yourselfers!

5. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I don't know. If you've never had speckles on your eggs before, I would say it doesn't look good. Did she come from a show breeder? Do they have any other breeds? Could there have been an accident with a tall, handsome stranger and your chicken's mom?

I guess time will tell...

6. milleryardchx

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:i have had a couple specks before but not the whole egg speckled. I'm still waiting to see what i get this morning! The guy I got him from breeds 4-h project bird quality.

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I looked at the link in your sig and if that brown bird is your "ameraucana" you have yourself and easter egger. [​IMG]

8. tvtaber

tvtaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Central CA
    No worries, those speckled eggs are lovely!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by