No Hatch Yet

Discussion in 'Quail' started by troseblad, Jul 19, 2011.

1. troseblad

troseblad Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Bartlett, TX
    Set 66 coturnix eggs in Brinsea Eco 20 on July 1. Temperature has been rock solid 99.5. I did not check humidity. Put water in one slot and turned three times a day. Placed water in both slots on day 14. Nothing yet. I guess I should have gotten a gauge to check humidity? Any suggestions?

Oh and my ratios are 1 to 4. I had been seeing "shaving cream" and hearing lots of crowing for about six weeks before I set eggs.

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    A. DONT GIVE UP YET... THERE'S STILL HOPE FOR THE BATCH COOKING PRESENTLY

B. FERTILITY SHOULD BE ASSURED FROM YOUR DESCRIPTION

C. BRINSEA'S ARE HARD TO BEAT, BUT YES HUMIDITY NEEDS TO MONITORED AS GAMEBIRDS ESPECIALLY ARE QUITE SENSITIVE TO IT.

NOW ALL MY OCTAGON MODELS ARE A TAD OLDER, BUT IN ALL OF THE 1'S I HAVE I HAVE TO RUN BOTH TRAYS FULL OF WATER CONTINUOUSLY, THE NEWER MODELS HAVE ADDITIONAL VENTS IN THEM SO I CAN ONLY SURMISE THIS MAY BE MAGNIFIED IN IMPORTANCE [​IMG] A LITTLE TESTING AND OBSERVATION GOES A LONG WAY... YOU DONT NECESSARILY HAVE TO LEAVE A HYGROMETER IN 1 ALL THE TIME, BUT YOU DO NEED TO OBSERVE HOW IT BEHAVES WITH 1 TRAY VS 2 TRAYS OF WATER... RESULTS WILL VARY GREATLY FROM 1 GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION TO THE OTHER OR FROM 1 STRUCTURE TO THE OTHER, SO YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT FOR SURE. ONCE YOU HAVE THIS LITTLE "JEM OF WISDOM" THEY CANT BE BEAT

3. troseblad

May 19, 2011
    Bartlett, TX
    Thanks JJ.

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    ANYTIME [​IMG]

I WILL SAY THIS, ONCE YOU LEARN WHAT WATER LEVELS DO IN YOUR BRINSEA SO LONG AS IT STAYS IN THE SAME ENVIRONMENT IT WILL NOT FLUCTUATE FROM THAT... THATS WHY I SAY YOU DONT NECESSARILY HAVE TO KEEP THE HYGROMETER IN THERE IF SPACE GETS TIGHT, PROVIDED YOU KNOW WHAT IT NEEDS WATER-WISE AND STICK TO THE PLAN [​IMG]

5. troseblad

May 19, 2011
    Bartlett, TX
    They started hatching sometime during the night, which would make this day 18.5. So far 15 of 66.

6. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    All Right!!! Glad it's just a little late. Good luck, Bill

7. troseblad

May 19, 2011
    Bartlett, TX
    Thanks Bill. 17 and counting!!

8. troseblad