No, I can't quit buying them, so I got a.............

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by lockedhearts, Apr 19, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Pair of Black Standard Cochins![​IMG] They are from Show Stock, but are being sold as Pet Quality! They are SOOOOO Cool![​IMG]
    They had them at the Tractor Show today, one reason I was so excited to go, they always have chickens there. I bought these 2 from a really nice man, who has been breeding and showing Standards for years.
    I also bought raffle tickets for a super nice hand made incubator, this thing is gorgeous! Super nice wood, 3 incubating trays and a hatching tray, thermometer and hygrometer, circulated air and automatic water filling system![​IMG]
    Rhett and Scarlett will be home tomorrow, I had nothing to bring them in so they are keeping them for me until then.

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    LOL, I know what you mean about not being able to quit......I'm getting white cochins in may, I'm so excited!!!! Good luck!!!

3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Quote:Rhett and Scarlett! [​IMG] Ohhhh, you'll have to post pics. Dress them up in riding slacks and big hoop skirts. [​IMG]
    Now you just need to find a dark bown hen to be their maid...

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Be sure and isolate them from your other chickens! [​IMG]

5. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Why?

6. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    It's always a good idea to quarantine any new chickens you are bringing into your flock just in case they have some illness or parasites that may spread to your chickens.

7. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Oh, of course, stupid me. [​IMG] I thought it might be something like how you can't put Polishes in a mixed flock because they get picked on.

8. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Now you just need to find a dark bown hen to be their maid...

I have a RIR, [​IMG]

I will post pics in the next couple of days. also need to post pics of Uno our single Bantam Cochin Chick that hatched Wed Night. He is the cutest darn chick I have ever seen [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by