No idea what breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Iceegg, May 11, 2011.

1. Iceegg

Iceegg Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2010
    I ordered 5 baby chicks and I'm not sure what I got. I ordered 2 americanas, 2 wynadottes, and one partridge plymouth rock. I got one americana late so I know what she is. Now I have 2 that look like gold wynadottes and one that is brown with feathers on it's feet. Now the real stumper is I got one that is all white that is the one I really have no clue what she is. I will try and post pictures later.

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

It might be your other Easter Egger (hatchery americanas) sometimes they come in pure white.

3. Iceegg

Jan 19, 2010
    [​IMG]The white one is one I had no idea on.[​IMG]The one with feathers I thought was an americana[​IMG]I got 2 like this one which should be my gold wynadottes[​IMG]This one is the one I got later since they only had one americanas they shorted me so I got it later so it should be my americana but it doesn't have feathers like the other ones. Hope this helps people help me decided who is who.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Feathered leggs is a buff brahma, then a glw, then an easter egger pullet. The first one, need a better pic. Does it have muffs or a beard, what color legs does it have and what type comb? Also, is it pure white, I can't tell if it has some color on it or if it's shadow. A nice profile shot would be good, including the legs. Okay, looked again and see the yellow feet, doesn't look like an easter egger to me. I'm thinking white rock?

5. Iceegg

Jan 19, 2010
    I contacted the hatchery and they said your right about the brahma. As for the white one they said it could be an americana or a white rock. Guess I will have to wait a bit longer to find out for sure. thanks for your help.

6. grendel

grendel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2010
    Walbridge ohio
    no# three looks like a Gold laced wyandotte

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by