no idea

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by EmilyOfIndiana, Aug 22, 2014.

1. EmilyOfIndiana

EmilyOfIndiana Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2013
    Centrail Indiana
    Normally at a month or so I can tell gender. But, alas, as I get more muddled in lineage I find myself more lost. So I'm gonna give you my chooks lol

Pardon their dirty faces. They like to play in my garden and eat my tomatoes.

First off is what I assume to be a hen. Is exceptionally docile and smaller. Havent seen any rooster like behavior. No idea the breed. Pretty sure is half white rock
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up is what I assume to be Rhode island red or somehow related to one. Haha I dunno about this one. Its bigger than the other two but had feathers before everyone else. No rooster like behavior but super curious. Again, pardon its face. Children.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last but not least I am sure is a baby roo. Was last to get feathers and has the most pronounced waddles and comb. Is smaller than the others. I mean small. Perhaps half bantam?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whatever you think. Just don't tell me they are all roos lol

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The last one is probably a rooster, but I think the others are pullets. It is somewhat young to tell for sure, though.

3. EmilyOfIndiana

EmilyOfIndiana Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2013
    Centrail Indiana
    Yah. I figured it was worth a shot though. XD I'm crossing my appendages for hens since I have a good handful heading to freezer camp this fall

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    x2

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

6. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

1 and 3 look to be cockerels, and 2 a pullet! Please keep us updated on what they turn out to be, thanks! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by