No internal piping yet.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WannabeMothergoose, Jun 7, 2017.

1. WannabeMothergoose

WannabeMothergoose Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2017
    Québec
    Can anyone give me some advice. I'm on day 33 of my goose egg incubation Chinese goose egg. The gosling is still Alive in the shell but there's no internal piping yet. Temperature fluctuates between 37and 38 .c and humity is at 70. What should I do.

2. insane chicken lover 12

insane chicken lover 12 Just Hatched

Jun 7, 2017
    this is a little late but i have heard longer and the outcome was fine give a couple more days if it pips then leave it to do its job for 30-48 hours if still no improvement or doesn't pip at all then you may need to assist this is nothing to rush into though and make sure you do your research first we have had some survive assisted hatching and some die. keep me updated xx good luck ps there is a good article on assisted hatching on byc

3. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Is your incubator still air or forced air? Have you calibrated your thermometer to make sure it's reading accurately? The egg is a little late at this point so my first guess would be that the temperature has been a little low.

Also, just to be sure, what date did you set the egg on?

4. WannabeMothergoose

Jun 7, 2017
    Québec
    I think it's a still air. The egg was put in the incubator on May 5. I've never calibrated my Bator. Or know what or how too (calibrate). I do know that the temp has dropped a degree or two for a few seconds. Same as the humidity.

5. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    If it was still air your temp has indeed been low, so that's why the gosling still hasn't hatched yet, it's a little behind :) Hopefully within the next couple of days.

6. WannabeMothergoose

Jun 7, 2017
    Québec
    I hope so. I'm getting gray hair just waiting for a pip to happen.

7. WannabeMothergoose

Jun 7, 2017
    Québec
    So today is day 34. Candle the goose egg this morning. There doesn't seem to be any air sac is this normal. When I candled it I don't flip or move the egg.

8. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Can you post a picture? He may have shifted and his body may be in the air cell.

9. WannabeMothergoose

Jun 7, 2017
    Québec
    I tried but I can't. There is still movement. Should I just leave it or poke a tiny hole. I'm :barniefreaking out. Its my first time. Don't know what to do.

10. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Normally you would only want to put a hole in the air cell. Is it possible the air cell shifted? It may be farther down the egg now. It does move as the gosling gets into position for hatching.

I wish I could help more but without a picture I can't really see what's going on :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by