No Internet at home for bit,,,,,,, It's back!!!! They fixed it!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Jan 22, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I may not have Internet at home for 2 weeks to 10 days according the lovely County workers that ripped out 2 miles of phone line putting in the new sewer line yesterday. They said they didn't realize that was an active line because it was so old and such....... The phone company says there is no way they can run a new line fast enough to get us restored when the area the line runs through is torn up and will be dug up over and over for the next two or three weeks. I told them I certainly hope everyone else has a cell phone in case of emergency!
    But that means after I leave work I have no way of reading email or anything else until it's restored.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Sorry to hear that. Thats why I like my laptop and AT&T card in it. Internet everywhere I go and anytime I want. I even have a joto desk mounted in my truck.

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOO............ say it ain't so! Nuggie Jr.!!!!!!!!!!! More pics! Writer, I sure hope you can find a way, I will miss you if you're gone.

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    It is aggravating that is for sure. We don't have wireless in our area, we don't have High Speed, now we don't even have a phone! I'll go into withdrawals over the weekend!

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Somehow, that doesn't seem right. That phone company sure wouldn't enjoy having me as a customer! With any luck, it won't be as bad as they say. Fingers are crossed here! [​IMG]

6. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    ours isnt working either for some odd reason.

I am thinking of punching out at my normal time and then coming back up here to hang out with you all some more [​IMG]

had to add. my dh is home sick with the kid, who is also sick. Again. [​IMG] He is probably trying to fix it still and going nuts without access.

7. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    If there is cell phone activitiy in your area then you can have internet at all times (providing the cell towers are working).

This service (I use AT&T cellular) cost me $59 a month, so no, its not cheap. It sure came in handy when Hurricane Ike came through, only bad thing was that EVERYBODY just had to come and check their email.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  8. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I can't afford to pay for another service through my cellphone, I've thought about just getting rid of my home phone but in our area that are times our cell phone towers don't work and we are without service for days. I can't risk no communication at all.

9. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    I feel for you! We've had Satelitte issues where we lose our tv for days or weeks and that alone is NO FUN!! My kids would go nuts without the internet too! Hopefully it won't take as long as they're saying and they'll get you back connected to the world!! [​IMG]

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Make sure to let your service provider that depend on the cable to bring you TV/Internet/phone/security you shouldnt get charged if the disturbance isnt your fault.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by