Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Why me???
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
In the immortal words of Bill Paxton, " This ain't happnin', man!"
th.gif

Out of six Orpington chicks, I was wrong about them in two ways. I at first thought I had three blacks, two blues and the splash. Today was so warm that I opened their screen door and in natural lighting, I see that one of the blacks is actually a very dark, dark blue. Fine, no problem. That's happened before. But, this other thing.. why me? Out of the six Orps, I have FIVE cockerels. FIVE, FIVE, FIVE! My only pullet is one of the blacks. The splash, a very definite cockerel. Why did Cara get a splash pullet from my eggs? Why did PC get a splash pullet from my eggs? Why, oh why, can't I have one?
idunno.gif

So, I have three blue cockerels, one black cockerel, one splash cockerel and my lone black pullet. I hope I'm wrong about one of the blues at least, but pink wattles at less than five weeks old would indicate a boy to me. The others are so obvious, there's no question.

Oh, halo... when you see that splash boy, you may want to drive all the way up here to get him, LOL. He's a beauty.

Photobucket's back so here are the pics!
Splash baby:
DCP_9331.jpg

DCP_9332.jpg

The two medium blues, then the darkest blue:
DCP_9314.jpg

DCP_9306.jpg

DCP_9323.jpg

Last, the black cockerel and the black pullet, who just refused to pose:
DCP_9324.jpg

DCP_9329.jpg

Does this mean you are plugging in the bators?

Push back everyones eggs a week and get going on a pullet. I won't be disgruntled to get mine a week later.

Last edited:
Oh Cyn you're killin me....he is beautiful.....

I just checked Mapquest again....it would have to be 6 or 7 hours for me to drive up there. I think you need to send me eggs of that exact same cross; since Im wanting a boy, Ill probably get the splash pullet, then we'll swap!

Oh....... that is a shame
sad.png
!!! That splash is soooooo pretty !!

I don't know but if it were me I wouldn't sell anymore of those eggs until I had a splash pullet. If you'd been greedy and kept those eggs both of those pullets would have been yours.....lol

Ok, everybody chant with me... PLUG IN THE BATOR, PLUG IN THE BATOR, PLUG IN THE BATOR....

Julie
big_smile.png

No, Priss, I think I'm going to quit hatching till I get some Orp eggs from Ewesheep. I seem to send all my "pullet" eggs to other people, certainly every splash pullet! Maybe she'll send me her girly eggs and keep the roos for herself, LOL.
Sara, if halo decides she can't get this splash boy, (and that is quite a long way to come, isn't it, Kathy?) then he's yours, if you want him. Nobody thinks this is a pullet, do they?(((madly hoping against hope)))This batch is under five weeks old and he's pretty pink for that age.

Back
Top Bottom