NO JAX!!!!! That's not a.....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Sep 26, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    armadillo!
    One of our boys (2 GSDs) favorite time of the day is late at night when DH lets them run free in the yard and they can hunt up and chase our resident armadillo. They hunt Mr. Dillo up with their noses, chase him back to his hole (under one of the outbuildings), game over.
    Last night DH let the boys out and Kane went nose to the ground, hunting. Jax however immediately turned the corner of the house and went running across the yard. DH got his flashlight up and turned on just in time to see Jax with his nose up a skunks butt; both of em running for that hole.
    Everything happened so quickly that the skunk made it to the hole and Jax stuck his head down the hole before DH was able to call him off.
    We spent alot of time last night explaining to Jax the difference between a regular 'dillo and one with fur, stripes and a dangerous backend. [​IMG]

2. smileyfacecat

smileyfacecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Wrentham, MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    [​IMG]

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Jax just wants another kitty to play with. [​IMG]

Impy

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] thanks for the great laugh! [​IMG] I bet it was a pain to get off of him! [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    b.hromada :

[​IMG] thanks for the great laugh! [​IMG] I bet it was a pain to get off of him! [​IMG]

Fortunately for us and him, the skunk didn't spray. Had Jax kept nosing around in the dillo hole, the result may have been different. My first question to DH was "was Mr. Dillo in his hole?". I can imagine the tussle between the skunk and the armadillo.
    Guess the skunk was feeling generous, err, not so generous with his spray.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by