No Laying Interest

freymillercar

Hatching
Feb 3, 2016
South West Wisconsin
Does anyone have any idea why my goose has no interest in laying? She started laying in January, on the 18th. Winter in Wisconsin is harsh and it was full winter then, we even had trouble with heated waterers keeping thawed. I snatched the first 6 eggs to hopefully hatch them before they would freeze, and are now on day 11 of incubation and are growing. The gander has done his job and has a fussy temperament, he is very protective of her. But when I was collecting her eggs, she never had them remotely covered. But you could tell she was trying to make a nest (lousy to say the least). Now after I started incubating the first 6 eggs and I thought she was just not attempting to make a nest/cover her eggs is because I was always opening the back door. Its been 11 days now since I have opened their nest shed. I was cleaning out their water when (this was at 1pm) and she wasn't out side. I proceeded to open the door and she was inside the shack with 2 very old and very frozen eggs. I wasn't feeing her a high protein diet before then, but now I am feeding them 18% all-flock pellets to hopefully get her to start laying again. What was I/she doing wrong and is 10 eggs for an embden and average amount of eggs? I don't know if it's because she started laying so early that's why she stopped, what's going on?! I need help!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom