No light, no heat, 3 hens, 3 eggs a day! What gives??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by All about the EGG, Jan 21, 2010.

1. last winter I had a light, and got the eggs I needed. I figured this year I would give the girls a break. Nope, they must really like me.

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I guess they do!!!! [​IMG] Congrats on all those eggs! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]
    Congratulations

4. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    [​IMG] Are they free-ranged? Ours are and still lay through the winter, although they give us much less than the summertime quota.

5. chaneg78

chaneg78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Hudson IN
    What breed are they? A lot of it has to do with what breed they are.

6. chookchick

chookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Olympia WA
    [​IMG]
    You've got good chicken karma! Keep up whatever you're doing...I'm thrilled to have half laying again.

7. TomKat

TomKat Out Of The Brooder

We just started with chickens this summer. I've found we are getting more eggs in the winter then we did in the summer. I think ours like the cooler temps. I guess when it stays around 100 degrees they give up on egg laying.

8. nursemeh

nursemeh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Conroe, Texas
    i am very curious what breed and age they are? I have 4 hens and getting 2-3 egg per day, had one lucky 4 eggs in one day a few days back.

You are doing something right!!!!

Mary

9. Alley

Alley Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2008
    Eureka, California
    I don't provide heat or a light and I'm get 3 eggs a day from my 4 girls. I have a white leghorn (not laying), sexlink, araucan and a golden wyondotte.

They must love me too! [​IMG]

10. sangel4you

sangel4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    I used to get 5/5 daily from my 5 white leghorns. Now the last three weeks or so I get between 1-4/5 day. :-( I havent had a five egg day since before Christmas!!! They dont love me anymore! MAybe bc I didn't get them a Christmas gift and hatched their babies that day instead?! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by