No longer a lurker!

papajoker

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 15, 2012
Santa Rosa, Ca
Ok so I've been a lurker for way too long. We have our coop built and our girls are all 7-9 months and laying like crazy. We have 3 RIRs, 2 EEs, 1 Red Sex Link and one mystery bird my 3 year old calls "Fat Boy" even though she lays an egg a day! We looooove our girls! Best improvement we ever made to our ever evolving urban farm. We have a 3 year old and a 15 month old and they both LOVE the chickens (and to my surprise the chickens seem to love them back). We have bees, worms, a veggie garden, tons of fruit trees and berries, so chickens were the next logical step. Little did we know we'd love it so much.

All our birds are "hatchery birds" so far. I have a broody hen and would like to purchase some eggs from another member to hatch very soon. I'm very excited about having the gorgeous birds some of you all have. I have a few pictures of my coop but I'll put a big page together at some point. I'd really like to give back in some way since I was able to get so much info as I got started.

Anyhow, thanks for having such a fantastic website. I look forward to "meeting" you all.

John

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom