no longer a platinum poultry/golden feather member=inbox/uploads full?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by 77horses, Jul 15, 2011.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Hello! [​IMG] My platinum poultry and golden feather membership recently expired, and now that I don't have the benefits of these memberships (ex. more inbox/uploads space, etc.), the 'leftover stuff' from when I was a member of these groups is still here...For example, when I was a member of these groups, I still had plenty of upload space left, but now that my membership expired, the pictures that I uploaded while I was a member are still there so now it says I have exceeded my available upload capacity (it says "WARNING: You have reached your upload limit." and "240% of 10MB"). Obviously, I need to delete a lot of my uploaded pictures so I have available space, right? Well, there's one problem...Unless I completely missed it, there's no "delete multiple" option for deleting my uploaded images. So, unless I want to go through EVERY SINGLE PICTURE in my uploads and delete EACH picture INDIVIDUALLY until I have more space available (which is going to literally take FOREVER because it's already over 240% [​IMG]), I can't upload any pictures. [​IMG]

And about the inbox...same situation, only (thankfully), there's a "delete multiple/delete all" option. So, that was a lot easier. But what's weird is that now that I have absolutely no messages in my inbox, it still says my inbox is full and it's over 337% full? I tried refreshing my page and logging out but it still says my inbox is full, even though I don't have any messages in there at all. [​IMG] Although, I haven't cleaned out the "Sent" part yet, which is 7 pages long, so maybe that's why it still says it's full?

Anyway, my main concern is the uploads...I honestly don't want to go through the painful process of individually deleting each photo in my uploads when the usage is 242% full... [​IMG] Is there any other possible way? I really need to upload some pictures for one of my threads and I can't until I have upload space available.

Thanks!

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Regarding pics: PLEASE keep in mind that if you delete your pics from your account they will be PERMANENTLY removed from all the places where you posted them... the forum, your BYC pages, etc.

If you have any of your pictures in BYC coop pages, we can copy those to another location so that can free up space. Unfortunately we do not have a "delete multiple" feature for images.

For your PM's: Have you checked your sent items?

3. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    I do think BYC should get a "delete multiple" feature. However, in the meantime, you should get a Photobucket account. It's pretty much just as easy as BYC uploads are, and I prefer it b/c you can upload more photos. Plus you can edit them and post them on other sites besides BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by