No longer available

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rizq, Jan 29, 2009.

1. rizq

rizq Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    ****I have decided to dig out the other bator and hatch this batch myself. I will have more eggs available in a couple weeks I might post for sale, though.****

Eggs will be collected starting Monday and will ship the following Monday. They will come from two pens. Pen number one contains a partridge hen, a lighter tan partridge? hen, and a buff silken hen covered by a mottled chocolate? rooster. All larger A and smaller B. The second pen is a black B hen covered by a white B rooster.

So far, I have a very good hatch rate on my eggs. I have set 1 small clutch and got a 5/5 hatch (but lost one chick 2 days after hatch) with 3 pullets and 1 roo (now 2.5 months old). We all know shipped eggs are always a gamble, but barring any abuse from the postal service, these eggs are very capable of hatching. I do pack my eggs very well.

Price is $50, which includes shipping. They will go out Monday. Payment accepted through Paypal.

-OR-

I can also offer 6+ eggs for $25. The eggs would be collected either Mon-Wed to ship Thurs OR Fri through Sun to ship Mon.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    I'm not saying anything to be negative here, honestly. With Seramas and hatching difficulties, the postal system, the weather all over the country right now - and such.....gathering eggs over a weeks time and then shipping I believe is going to be a real gamble with their fertility. They are so fragile as it is.

Maybe only collect for a few days and then offer 6+? If it were me wanting to add these to my bloodlines, I wouldnt risk it.

3. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    If no one wants them, I will hatch them myself. Or if someone just wants 6, I would be willing to break them up and send midweek. Not to sound negative, or rude, in return, but if a person thinks a week is too long for collection, then they do not have to buy them. It is their decision.

4. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    I understand, it was just a suggestion. [​IMG] Lots of people are reporting delays with the post office lately. $50 in eggs is a lot of money to lose, especially with eggs that can be hard to hatch anyway.

I'm sure you will find someone to take them.

5. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    Maybe, lol. If not, no worries. [​IMG] If I get nothing I may try 6 next time.

6. Hi!
    Eggs will be collected starting Monday and will ship the following Monday.

It's good of you to let your potential customers know they will be receiving some possibly 10-day-old eggs.
    Better to know in advance, than find out later.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa​

7. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    Definitely, I want people to know exactly what they are getting. I would not have a problem with eggs that were a week old when shipped, but would want to know that was case.

I revised my original post with an option for 6+ eggs if people are worried about the age of the eggs [​IMG]

8. Tx Serama Man

Tx Serama Man Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Rizq do you have any pics of your seramas that you could post.

9. Tx Serama Man

Tx Serama Man Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Also what breeders did you get your seramas from.Have you ever tried hatching 1 week old serama eggs.I think you should do a test shipping on 1 week + 3-4 days for shipping , so you can see if any thing hatches out from almost 2 week old eggs before you really sell a dozen of serama eggs for $50. Sorry I am not trying to be rude.[​IMG]

10. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    The pics are on my other computer. The birds are from Jerry Schexnayder. And yes, I have hatched even 2 week old eggs without a problem (from these birds) BUT they were not shipped. I did also offer 6+ fresher eggs if people are worried about the eggs being a week old, the 6 eggs would only be a few days old.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by