No more auctions for me

HobokenChickenEmergency

Songster
10 Years
Mar 18, 2009
Evansville
5 days ago I placed a bid for 20+ A&M eggs on Eggbid. This is in addition to the 19 eggs I already have.

The auction ended today, and I was actually thinking to myself, "Do I really NEED that extra bunch of eggs to worry over?" So when I got outbid this morning, I was sort of relieved.

Then my competitive side came out with 45 minutes left to go. I bid my max and won. No, I don't really NEED them, but I DESPISE being outbid. Especially when I have the only bid for days on end, and at the last minute someone jumps in and tries to "steal" what is clearly mine.
smack.gif
roll.png

My addiction is coming along nicely, thank you very much. But I am staying away from auctions from now on.

I'm going to avoid the wrath of dh by pointing out that my first 19 were all from the same breeder-- gotta have different bloodlines, right?
lol.png

I blame BYC completely. I had no interest in quail until I saw the post about processing them. I thought, "Hmmm. If that gal could do it, then I could too. No more buying cornish hens at the store. Yes, I believe I will." So here we are.

The best part is, our city doesn't consider quail to be poultry. And as long as they aren't a native species, I can have as many as I want with no permit. I always look for the loopholes in the law. LOL

ohhh now I want quail... are they winder hardy... do you keep them in a rabbit hutch?? Tel me more, tell me more!!!

How long untill they are old enough to butcher... so many questions....

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
well they're sorta similar at hatching
lau.gif
(tiny) but the fluffiness of coturnix chicks Im positive is a lot more cuter than a stamp
big_smile.png
I can deffinatly say I collect coturnix
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom