No more auctions for me

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by HobokenChickenEmergency, Apr 12, 2009.

1. HobokenChickenEmergency

HobokenChickenEmergency Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Evansville
    5 days ago I placed a bid for 20+ A&M eggs on Eggbid. This is in addition to the 19 eggs I already have.

The auction ended today, and I was actually thinking to myself, "Do I really NEED that extra bunch of eggs to worry over?" So when I got outbid this morning, I was sort of relieved.

Then my competitive side came out with 45 minutes left to go. I bid my max and won. No, I don't really NEED them, but I DESPISE being outbid. Especially when I have the only bid for days on end, and at the last minute someone jumps in and tries to "steal" what is clearly mine. [​IMG] [​IMG]

My addiction is coming along nicely, thank you very much. But I am staying away from auctions from now on.

I'm going to avoid the wrath of dh by pointing out that my first 19 were all from the same breeder-- gotta have different bloodlines, right? [​IMG]

2. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I CAN SO RELATE TO THIS!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though...here's a [​IMG] from a fellow addict!

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Hey yes yes you deffiantly NEED new blood lines! Don't let anyone tell you any differently [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. HobokenChickenEmergency

Mar 18, 2009
    Evansville
    I blame BYC completely. I had no interest in quail until I saw the post about processing them. I thought, "Hmmm. If that gal could do it, then I could too. No more buying cornish hens at the store. Yes, I believe I will." So here we are.

The best part is, our city doesn't consider quail to be poultry. And as long as they aren't a native species, I can have as many as I want with no permit. I always look for the loopholes in the law. LOL

5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:[​IMG] I think that was MY post you saw about processing them! HAHA I take full blame for making another person obsessed with them! [​IMG] [​IMG] LOL

6. HobokenChickenEmergency

Mar 18, 2009
    Evansville
    Well then I should be thanking you. I was looking for a new hobby anyway. Somehow stamp collecting doesn't have the appeal of baby quail. [​IMG]

7. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    ohhh now I want quail... are they winder hardy... do you keep them in a rabbit hutch?? Tel me more, tell me more!!!

How long untill they are old enough to butcher... so many questions....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
  8. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
  9. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:well they're sorta similar at hatching [​IMG] (tiny) but the fluffiness of coturnix chicks Im positive is a lot more cuter than a stamp [​IMG] I can deffinatly say I collect coturnix [​IMG]

10. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    *pointing at Monarc* Yep...SHE's the reason I have coturnix now. [​IMG] I'm thankful, too. I [​IMG] my quail!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by