No more baby, babies! =(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mylilchix, Aug 6, 2009.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Songster

Well my last batch of chicks no longer needs a heat lamp [​IMG]. They've moved into the juvenile cages I have in the basement for birds that don't need heat, but are still to small to mingle with the big girls. I've had a brooder set up in my dining room since mid-February. I've had chicks I've bought and new hatches in there until today. It's so lonely upstairs now that the last batch is growing up [​IMG].

Sonja

2. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Songster

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    What??? You have a last batch???? (1st batch ready to be daddies, 2nd batch gone to freezer camp, third batch ready for the juvy pen, 4th batch in the button quail habitat, 5th batch in the duck tractor, 6th batch in the coturnix brooder, 7th batch in the hatcher, 8th batch in the incubator, 9th batch in the mail!!!!!! 10th batch, well, why let the equipment cool off????

3. mylilchix

mylilchix Songster

Well...... I do have 2 broodys sitting on eggs (I'll let mama take care of babies), 2 juvenile birds coming soon from a friend, and I'm picking up 2, 6 week old bantam cochins this weekend. I'm just done with tiny fuzzy butts under the heat lamp in the dining room keeping me company while I cook.

Enjoy all of your babies!!

Sonja

4. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Songster

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    Oh, that is sad. [​IMG] I am going to feel the same way in a couple of weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: