No More Caffeine -blargh!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by StupidBird, Sep 20, 2010.

1. StupidBird

StupidBird Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Coffee Quitters Anon? Today's doc gave me yet another reason to quit caffeine. I think its a conspiracy - gotta complaint? You need to quit drinking coffee. Anybody else wanna whine about withdrawals? Any hints about how long I'll be in misery before being able to function without that lovely lovely cup of dark heaven in the morning?

What do you wake up and smell if you can't wake up and smell the coffee?

edited for spelling

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I've never been told to quit caffiene, per se. I have been told to limit the amount I drink before going to bed. If I don't have a caffienated drink in my hand I can't function - coffee in the AM till the pot runs out, then unsweetened tea the rest of the day. To make my doc happy I've switched to a non-caffienated drink in the hour before bed.
    Hasn't your doc read any of those recent articles that say moderate amounts of caffiene are good for you? And as far as tea goes, it's been a known fact for a long time that tea is healthy for you and is good for flushing out the kidneys.
    Kinda personal - if you were told to cut out the caffiene because your "girls" are sore, take my word for it. Cutting out the caffiene doesn't usually help.

3. StupidBird

StupidBird Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    GRITSAR! How'd you guess???? [​IMG]

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I've been caffeine free for 4 months. Try decaf and 7Up...it has made the transition a BREEZE for me! And I sleep better....usually...just not today [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

When I first opened this thread I had to go lie down and let the panic attack pass.
    I'm infamous at work for the copious quantities of coffee I drink.

Imp-My only advice:
    Have a cup of coffee, carve a wooden stake, and put it through you evil doctors heart. [​IMG]

BTW- Kidding aside, if it is a health issue listen to your Dr. The cravings will pass. Good luck

6. StupidBird

StupidBird Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Gritsar guessed only the latest of many reasons I've been given to quit. Guess I'll be slipping decaf into the pot and not telling anyone either. (If Momma ain't havin' it, ain't nobody gettin' any). *sigh* Thank you Cindiloohoo. I just need a shoulder to cry on. Coffee gets blamed for everything, it seems. Getting a good sleep should help with the "hormones". *yawn*

eta: DH gets the real stuff, double or triple strength, at the office anyways. Really, they put two or three pouches in the machine instead of just one. and drink it all day long.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Songster

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Switch to decaf. Buy the good stuff - it makes a difference. But, remember that decaf is not caffeine free.... it's more like caffeine really lite.

After a few months you won't remember anymore, and then one day some one will accidentally give you a full caffeine cuppa joe and you'll think you're dying!! [​IMG]

The upside? Once you wean off if you seriously need a jolt of energy one cuppa coffee will set you flying!

And no it don't do nothing to help the girls. I have no idea why they say that...... I still don't know why they hurt do you??

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Trying really hard to keep this family friendly here. [​IMG]

Most of us gals get really comfortable with a certain....over the shoulder boulder holder, but alas they wear out and aren't as supportive as they once were. Check yours. Think about whether it's time for a new one. If it is, be sure and get one that offers alot of support. I've been told by younger women that sports...over the shoulder boulder holders...help too.

If it does turn out to be the caffiene, try switching out every other glass for something without caffiene; then every third glass, etc.

Impy, if your girls get sore PM me. I have special recommendations for you. [​IMG]

9. StupidBird

StupidBird Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Quote:It was so tempting anyways. An early Monday appointment and the fart says "just wait until you're 50, and have to start seeing what fell off every morning". Not wise in dealing with an obviously hormonal person - the nurse stayed to chat to calm me down. sheesh! I'd better put out a sign in the yard and a tag on my shirt "WARNING - quitting coffee...STAY BACK 500 yards...not responsible for objects coming from road..."

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] I drink 3 large cups before work, a large thermos full during work, & 2 to 3 large cups in the evening. Could you picture me without my caffeine? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by