No more chickens !

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by turbo13, Dec 29, 2010.

1. turbo13

turbo13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    COEUR D'ALENE IDAHO
    Recieved my new Myers catologe today,Attached to it was a sticky note,from my post lady,also a chicken person,it read.REPETE AFTER ME. NO MORE CHICKENS,NO MORE CHICKENS,NO MORE CHICKENS.FUNNY

2. arianna

arianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I need one of those sticky notes too [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  3. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mrsbos

mrsbos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Greenacres, WA
    Turbo13, from your neighbor on the WA side in Spokane Valley:

I can hardly keep up with the 3 chickens I have....along with the 8+ inches of snow on the ground and sub-zero temps to come! I don't think I'd ever be tempted this time of year to get more! [​IMG]

Not looking forward to getting up early tomorrow morning to shovel for the 3rd time, and then have to replace frozen water. Chickens are hating it too...they stayed under their small covered run almost the entire day--not wanting to be "beak deep" in the snow!

5. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    hahhahahaa... that's rich...

we've been buying OEGB pairs and trios on ova bid, and the first time we called up our post office to see if the two pairs were there... they answered "hello" and in the back ground you can hear both of the roosters crowing... HAHAHAHAHLfjaskljfsa;djf... i love it... my friend asked... "um, are my chickens there", and she was like "YES, COME PICK THEM UP PLEASE!" LOL...

they were there from 6am to 8 when we picked them up... HAHAHAHAA

now this is the third shipment of birds, and it was three trios... they just give us the stink eye and don't even ask for ID anymore... OMG anyone could walk off with my birdies...!!!

i wish my postman would hand deliver them to us... he would get an even bigger xmas gift every year if he did...

6. Cargo

Cargo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Farmington, NM
    [​IMG]

7. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a walking sticky note like that [​IMG] In fact Im married to it 17 years this past monday [​IMG]

8. shareverwonder

shareverwonder Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Northern Ohio
    I got my Meyer's catalog too! Can't wait to order for spring. My chickens don't seem to mind the snow as much as I do. I shoveled a path from the house to the coop and they trot along just like it was summer. [​IMG]

I do hate the freezing water though. I'm switching their water at 6am before I leave for work and at 6pm when I get home. Can't wait for spring![​IMG]

9. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    I got my Meyer catalog too. It is very tempting to place an order but I am resisting. I don't have room for more chickens in my coop or run. I built coops the last two springs. Time to take a year off to do some other work around the yard. I won't be expanding until it is time to start replacing some of my flock in a couple of years.

10. grandmaof5

grandmaof5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Central N.S.
    Quote:DH takes water out when he gets up in the morning,and by the time I go out with treats around 8-ish, I have to bring more water because it has already started to freeze. When school starts up again Jan 4th, I've told DH he will have to take them some water mid-morning. I'll take more out when I get home around 3pm. It is dark before 5, so I'm not worried about water overnight anyway. Thankfully, the coop is only a few feet from our door, and so far we've only had 4 inches of snow...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by