NO MORE CONFUSION!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lurky, Dec 7, 2007.

1. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    OK....I need experts advice [​IMG] I was feeling around for eggs tonight and as i reached around one of my supposed splash silkie roosters......it squatted down thumping its feet like the girls do when they think they are going to be mated [​IMG] So i wonder......has anyone here had a young rooster do the squatty thing like the girls? I was so sure that they were all boys........the only one i questioned that might have been a girl was not even the one that squatted. So i am so hoping i was wrong......even though i hate being wrong......this would be a good one to be wrong about!!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I've never seen a rooster squat before, so I would say it's a girl. I have Silkies that I'm still confused about. Darn these Silkies and their gender bending abilities!!!! [​IMG]

3. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:I hope your right. How old are the ones you are having trouble with? Mine are going to be 5 months old on monday. I am going to be the happiest chicken mom in the world if this means its a girl!!!!! [​IMG]

I thought they all had streamers [​IMG] I better go take my ads off craigslist......I actually want to keep one rooster [​IMG]

4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Silkies: the trannies of the chicken world.

5. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    They don't have gender bending abilities, they have MIND bending abilities. Think of it as a "Silkie Mind Trick". Can you tell the DH is a Star Wars fan?

6. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    OK.....so i now know i have 3 splash silkie roosters. They are almost perfect. Maybe they are....I'm no expert....but without big combs and/or waddles....i think they are more handsome than most. So i am going to keep one. The other 2 are going up for adoption. Here they are....I wont ship them....so you gotta be driving distance. Email me if your interested.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by