No motivation tonight!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BarkerChickens, Jan 2, 2010.

1. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    I am trying to work on my Master's thesis tonight, but I have little motivation. I mean...I am working on it (have been off and on all day), but, man, my eyes want to glaze over looking at it sometimes! [​IMG] I need to rewrite my methods section and it's about as much fun as listening to nails down a chalkboard.

Can ya'll keep me sane while I flip back and forth between BYC (fun) and my thesis (misery)? [​IMG]

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Can I join you? I ran dishwater too hot to put my hands in over an hour ago. Bet it's usable now....yet, here I sit! [​IMG]

3. honeydoll

honeydoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    Man, I'm in the same boat. I have a mountain of laundry to fold and no will to do it. So I sit and type...and type...and well you get the picture. If you want a laugh I had a very humiliating moment happen to me tonite only fellow chicken addicts will understand, it's in the Managing Your Flock section. Stupid chickens.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  4. BarkerChickens

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    [​IMG] I read your thread just now. [​IMG] You poor thing! You're either gonna sleep well tonight...or dream of crazy dogs chasing crazy cats that are chasing crazy chickens! [​IMG]

edited to add...my yard is opposite. One of my Barred Rock hens is THE boss! She has chased our 40 lbs Australian Cattle Dog AND our 55 lbs Australian Shepherd/pit bull. [​IMG] At the same time nonetheless!!! My dogs had their tails tucked! They've been bit in the nose and know that she means business! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Shelby you can do it!!!! Come on girl!!!! Not yet 30 and a masters in the horizon. You CAN SO DO THIS!!!! Write write write...... Leave the chickens alone. Stop petting the cat. Stop looking at David wondering who he is..... WRITE!!

6. honeydoll

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    Yes, funny and humiliating. I just had to share it because I would have been laughing my butt off watch some other poor soul going thru this too.

7. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Ugh... the nightmares I'll be having tonight now!!! Thanks loads! [​IMG]

8. BarkerChickens

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Quote:Are you kiddin'?!? David went to bed at 7:30 pm, the chickens are sleeping, two of our dogs are crashed on their dog beds near me and the other dog and the cat are crashed out on the couch. However...now that it has been 3 hours since David went to bed, I just noticed he turned on the XM radio (via Direct TV) into country music for me. [​IMG]

I know I can do...but man, it is boring! My advisor said he is going out of town and wanted material from me to read while stuck in the airports. I thought he was leaving Monday, so I would get him the stuff tomorrow (which gave me time). But, today he called and said he is leaving tomorrow at 7 am. [​IMG] I'd wanna work on this right now. My back is killing me (stupid mattress...that's a whole 'nother issue!), so I'll just grab my heating pad and work. [​IMG] I still need to take my BYC breaks though! Ya'll are how I am keeping my sanity! [​IMG]

edited to add...Thank you, Debi, for your support!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  9. BarkerChickens

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Hey, Debi! What ever happened to the rock trip you wanted to take?

10. honeydoll

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    Quote:Are you replying to my most dignified moment or am I just confused...?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by