No! No Christmas songs now!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ec_Prokta, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Mom and I happened to be coming home from church (All Saint's Day, but I won't push that too much. [​IMG] ) when she began fiddling with the radio to find a cool song. We found a promising station, and began listening. The very next song they put on was 'Jingle Bells.'

What.

It's not even Thanksgiving! Christmas isn't even on my radar until November 29th! Lighten up, Mr. Advertisers! [​IMG]

Has this sort of thing happened to you?

2. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    Not songs, but there was a whole floor of christmas items in JCPenny and that was 2 weeks ago! I don't like them selling stuff for one holiday when 2 other holidays before that one haven't even finished. [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Yes. I walked into the grocery store tonight and they had SANTAS!!!! And pine cones, and Christmas cards. OMG help me!!!

4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Christmas songs are off the menu until after Thanksgiving.
    They just aren't so "special" if they are overplayed for months on end.

5. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I hate christams music **shudders**

But I agree, at least let one finish before the next one hits the stores! sheesh

6. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    I'm pretty sure I also saw various Christmas merchandise in Costco a few weeks ago.

7. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I'm pretty sure Wally World starts putting out the first of their Christmas junk the day after they clear out their Back to School junk. I've been seeing Christmas stuff in various places for weeks now mixed in with Halloween.

A pox on the lot of it.

8. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

It's like they start playing the Christmas music earlier and earlier each year. I don't want to hear any Christmas music until December.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    UGH! [​IMG]

I'll come out on Xmas day...just wake me up at that time..........

10. Ferrret

Ferrret Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Michigan
    Christmas merchandise has been out in stores since late September in some places. Saw a couple Christmas themed ads on T.V. I don't listen to the radio often, but it doesn't surprise me that they are playing Christmas tunes.

I have nothing against people getting into spirit early around their own homes, but having nearly all the stores putting the stuff out 2 and 3 months early bothers me. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if they had a seasonal section of the store away from the main shopping area, so people have a choice of wandering through and looking/listening instead of having it everywhere you look.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by