No! No! No! Noooh! - Not again!!! ❄😢

:lau Sorry, can't feel bad for you when I still have to deal with about 2 feet of old snow in my yard here in northern Minnesota. We are expected to get a mini heat wave this weekend with temps above freezing on both Saturday and Sunday, but then back down to the daytime highs in the 20F's next week.

Tried to clean some of the frozen chicken poo from under the roost bar in my coop this past week, but it was frozen hard as concrete and my tools just bounced off the poo berg. Was able to rake up some top material and then lay down some fresh wood chips and bagged leaves into the coop. So it looks a bit better. Fortunately, frozen poo does not smell, just hope that the fresh wood chips and leaves will help absorb the poo when it finally does thaw out.

This winter has been better than last year. Last year we had more snowfall and about a 2 week stretch of extreme -40F temps. We have not seen that this year. Our snowfall has been a bit above average, but we have only seen temps in the -23F range at night. For us, that's not unexpected.

But, yeah, I'm looking forward to spring and no more snow to deal with. I have a list of projects I would like to do for my birds when the weather warms up, but not until I can feel my fingers outside. I'm still growing barley fodder in the house and feeding that to my chickens every day. They really seem to appreciate the fresh greens when everything else in their world outside is covered in white snow.

Can somebody please make that white stuff go away!!!
Just woke up and looked out of the window and saw THIS:

PLEASE send it East! Everyone from the I-95 corridor west has had snow, but those of us on the East side (by all of two miles) have had NONE! Zip, zero, ZILCH! The weather watchers are calling it a "snow drought." We've had lots of nasty, freezy, rain, but no snow ... until you drive a mile the other side of I-95. They've had lots of easy-to-move, quickly-disappearing white stuff. I am SOOOOOO sad!

:lau Sorry, can't feel bad for you when I still have to deal with about 2 feet of old snow in my yard here in northern Minnesota. We are expected to get a mini heat wave this weekend with temps above freezing on both Saturday and Sunday, but then back down to the daytime highs in the 20F's next week.

Tried to clean some of the frozen chicken poo from under the roost bar in my coop this past week, but it was frozen hard as concrete and my tools just bounced off the poo berg. Was able to rake up some top material and then lay down some fresh wood chips and bagged leaves into the coop. So it looks a bit better. Fortunately, frozen poo does not smell, just hope that the fresh wood chips and leaves will help absorb the poo when it finally does thaw out.

This winter has been better than last year. Last year we had more snowfall and about a 2 week stretch of extreme -40F temps. We have not seen that this year. Our snowfall has been a bit above average, but we have only seen temps in the -23F range at night. For us, that's not unexpected.

But, yeah, I'm looking forward to spring and no more snow to deal with. I have a list of projects I would like to do for my birds when the weather warms up, but not until I can feel my fingers outside. I'm still growing barley fodder in the house and feeding that to my chickens every day. They really seem to appreciate the fresh greens when everything else in their world outside is covered in white snow.
It is not for having that disgusting, slippery white stuff on the ground: Thursday we were approaching the 60's here, during Friday the temperature plummeted way below the freezing mark, it was lousy cold during the last night and today and tomorrow we're back in the upper 50's:
1583003473122.png

It is that roller-coaster what's killin' me!

It is not for having that disgusting, slippery white stuff on the ground: Thursday we were approaching the 60's here, during Friday the temperature plummeted way below the freezing mark, it was lousy cold during the last night and today and tomorrow we're back in the upper 50's:
View attachment 2038456
It is that roller-coaster what's killin' me!
To paraphrase a friend's FB post:
It's like Winter is so disgusted that it finally walks away, but just before it slams the door behind it, it runs back, yelling, " ...and another thing!'

Back
Top Bottom