No! No! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gritsar, Jan 29, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    A very long and tiring day. Turned my two bator chicks over to my mama hen tonight. Finally peace and quiet in the house. The dogs and cats are no longer going nuts listening to the sound of constant peeping and doing their best to get in the brooder. DH has gone to KFC to get us some supper, so I can rest. Yes I have a taste for chicken tonight for some strange reason. [​IMG]

Got all the chickens locked up and went out to my juvenile coop to check on mama and babies one.more.time. Also, check on my other two broodies.

A speckled sussex that I know for a fact laid this morning is now in a nestbox, clucking, throwing straw on her back and growling at me.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    I'm sorry, but [​IMG]

I bet you'll never again make repeated wishes for animal related things, huh?

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Uh, oh.[​IMG] As the old adage goes: "Be careful what you wish for."[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] MBFG [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:You had better hide! Did I ever tell you about DH's expansive gun collection?!? [​IMG]

5. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yeah, but he's an officer of the law.[​IMG]

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I'm not *evil cackle*

7. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    Sorry but.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    ROFL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The saga of All My Broodies continues as the human chicken peers in to see yet another hen taken over with broodie fever........

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I think this is entirely due to your conflicting "motto" and signature line. Stop the broodies, and you adore your broody. Hmmmmm.

So your SS just wants to be adored as are the other broody hens. And we know how successful you've been at STOPPING broodies. Right?

(Where the heck is that chair, can I hide under it with somebody??)

10. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    5 down [​IMG] more to come.[​IMG] and the result:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]---------ad infinitum.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by