1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

No one in my family thinks I am funny!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by melissastraka, May 13, 2009.

1. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    I have chickens and turkeys. Every year we get a Turducken...I thought it would be cool to make my own. No one will let me get a duck! I am about to say "ooops, they must have sent me a duck egg by mistake, darnit!" [​IMG] Does anyone else agree or am i just crazy? Its not like i said a Tofurkey, which i have done before. A little odd but ok in the end.

And no bashing on my eating my chickens and turkeys please... [​IMG]

2. SimplyForties

SimplyForties Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Carroll County, Va
    I don't thinks that's crazy. Those Turduckens are expensive. Plus it'd be fun to make your own!

3. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    what r u talking about? lol I'm a newbie [​IMG] enlighten me plz...

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    "A turducken is a dish consisting of a partially de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed with a small de-boned chicken."

5. okiron

okiron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    When you get a duck I'm coming over for dinner! I want to try one so bad but haven't had the chance. I also want to try a deep fried turkey.

6. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    I learned a great lesson deep frying the turkeys. Let the come to room temp first! Almost lit myself on fire. ICE and HOT OIL......BAD

7. norcal

norcal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Northern California
    How do you de-bone them and yet leave them whole? [​IMG]
    I've always wondered.....

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:I'm sure that google has a very supply of instructions, images, urban legends, ads, and gizmos! [​IMG]

9. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Oh those turduckens are so good. Paula Dean has a great recipe for those. DO IT get yourself a duck. Why not?

10. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    You butterfly the duck and chicken to debone it, then roll it up and stuff the turkey with it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by