No one? I've got pictures! Papa goose with 'his' new babies :)

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I bought 2 goslings at the auction last night, unfortunately I'm going to take one back. I was wanting embdens and the bigger of the 2 looks more like a white chinese. Rather than keeping it until I get attached I'll just rehome it and hope I was right
hmm.png

Anyway, this morning I took the babies over to where my geese were lounging in the yard since for some reason they apparently hadn't seen them yet. Papa goose (I actually have 5 ganders but this one is always the 'baby keeper') took right up with them! Unfortunately the rest of the geese weren't quite as welcoming and Papa goose is apparently low-man on the totem pole so he kept getting 'run-off' from the babies. They are now in a pen outside until the older geese accept them
smile.png

Anyway, here's a few pics of Papa goose with 'his' new babies!
DSC00810.jpg

Papa with another 'low-man'
DSC00811.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

He sat by their pen most of the day but he was not very comfortable with being separated from the rest of the gaggle. I'll probably keep the smaller gosling in the pen until the 3 I have in the house are big enough to go outside to stay
smile.png
Luckily with these temps, that will only be a week or two
lol.png

Last edited:
Simply ADORABLE
big_smile.png
What a sweet "poppa goose" he is taking youngsters under his wing like that! Ha! Get it!? Under his wing! Ok Ok, I guess its not THAT funny. LOL Thanks for the cute pics... They made me smile
lol.png

So nice that he wants to take over the babies care, love the picture of him walking away up the road with his little charges. I may follow your experience and try our spare gander as a foster father
wink.png

Pete

Back
Top Bottom