No pics, just a question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MOChickenz, Aug 5, 2011.

1. MOChickenz

MOChickenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Missouri
    I got 'ameraucanas' from Buchheit this spring. They are doing very well. Yay! They are all different colors. I have one that I am pretty sure is a roo. He has beautiful cape feathers and is literally every color you can think of. He does not have the right comb. Think these are probably Easter eggers?

2. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    they are all easter eggers..

3. MOChickenz

Jun 10, 2010
    Missouri
    Thanks. I thought so. They are super pretty birds though. I am not breeding, I just want colored eggs. The roo is gorgeous. I need to post a pic.

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Yes, unless they are one of these recognized colors and meet the other standards, they are EE's. I'm not familiar with Buchheit. For all I know they could be a breeder. But I'm not aware of any nursery that actually sells Ameraucanas. Since you say yours are different colors, they are almost absolutely without a doubt EE's. I'm not usually that positive with anything to do with chickens.

Black, Blue, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Buff, Silver, Wheaten & White, the recognized colors/patterns

But since you say you just want colored eggs, they should work well for you.

Enjoy them. I like my EE.

5. so lucky

so lucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    SE Missouri
    MOChickenz, I'd be interested to see a pic of your Easter Egger Roo. I got 2 EE's from Buchheits this spring too, but both of mine are pullets. I just wondered what a multi-colored EE roo looks like. I love the coloring of my girls. Kind of partridge, one with a black head, one with grey/blue.[​IMG]

6. MOChickenz

Jun 10, 2010
    Missouri
    Crap. I would love to show you pictures, except the dog I was 'babysitting' got out of the house 20 minutes after I made my last post and KILLED it. Along with one of my ex-battery girls. I adored the coloring on that rooster. I have 3 dogs that will actually lay down in the coop and totally ignore the chickens. They all went crazy and I ran down there in time to see the dog drop the rooster. My son must have let him out.

He went home today and I won't offer again. My fault. [​IMG]

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about your roo! You can take comfort he did his job, though, sounds like he kept most of the hens alive. Sucks to lose a nice roo that way, though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by