No pip? Day 27 Duck Egg Incubation

alluzivesducks

Chirping
Jan 17, 2023
England
Hi I have been reading through some past posts, I am just a little bit worried as my duck egg has no internally pipped (as i’m aware of) and it’s coming to the end of Day 27 nearly Day 28. Apparently my duck egg is a Cherry Valley Duck Egg. The duck appears quite small, but I might just be misjudging it. It is still moving a bit, i can see either the feet or beak moving. The air cell looks a bit weird. When can I expect the internal pip and can anyone give me some help?

Attachments

• 0046025B-FE0C-4E58-8BB6-B5F9757121ED.png
    0046025B-FE0C-4E58-8BB6-B5F9757121ED.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • 5DD439C9-4469-4D87-BF15-0C7823D5BD81.png
    5DD439C9-4469-4D87-BF15-0C7823D5BD81.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Hi I have been reading through some past posts, I am just a little bit worried as my duck egg has no internally pipped (as i’m aware of) and it’s coming to the end of Day 27 nearly Day 28. Apparently my duck egg is a Cherry Valley Duck Egg. The duck appears quite small, but I might just be misjudging it. It is still moving a bit, i can see either the feet or beak moving. The air cell looks a bit weird. When can I expect the internal pip and can anyone give me some help?

Aircell is saddled. Did you count the first full day of incubation as Day 1 or Day 0?
I counted it as Day 0 when I first put them in, only 1 developed, I started incubating on 21st December 2022

depending on your incubator, if it is slightly too cold it may mean your duckling will take a few days longer to hatch ( this is what happens with my ducks, as my incubator isn't the best, but it works!)
my muscovies often take 38 days to hatch and they should take 35-36 days and my mallards sometimes take 31 days to hatch and should take 28, so that may be why.

the air cell is saddled which does make it harder to hatch and internally pip but in my last brood my 2 saddled eggs both hatched but 1 of them I did have to help near the end as he was too tired to fully hatch himself ( he is the bigger of the 2 ducks in my profile picture).
I would wait a day or two before getting too worried.
Also welcome to BYC! 🦆

Back
Top Bottom