No pipping yet

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EDMHF, Mar 2, 2017.

1. EDMHF

EDMHF New Egg

Mar 2, 2017
    Hello! I have 25 shipped hatching eggs in a Little Giant, still air incubator. Yesterday was hatch day, and today, I still have no pipping. All the eggs looked good when I put them on lockdown (but I'm also new to hatching/breeding and still learning) ..... my question is, when do I call it quits? I did lose power two weeks ago for 5 hours, and kept the incubator temperature above 90 (best I could do), using hot water bottles and blankets, until power resumed. Humidity has been right the whole time. Could they possibly be hatching late due to the temp drop, or do you think that is wishfull thinking on my part, and they are no longer Viable. Thank you!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, EDMFH, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! As a hatching novice myself, I defer any and all incubation and hatching questions to the knowledgeable folks in this link - you might try posting there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs
    Best wishes to you on a successful hatch: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. EDMHF

EDMHF New Egg

Mar 2, 2017
    So I need to post this separately to the link you listed? I'm not good with navigating sites like this. Thanks!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Yes, you will get more detailed advice that way!! Good luck to you!

5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

redsoxs has given you the best place to get some assistance...just click on the link (it's in blue) and you'll be automatically directed to the Incubating & Hatching forum.

If you would like more tips on using the site, there's a link to some FAQ at the bottom of my post.

Best of luck to you with your hatch!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    How many days along are the eggs?

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under EDMHF [​IMG] Welcome!

redsoxs has given you a good link for asking questions.

Any news yet?

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by