1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

NO pips or zips or nothin', y'all...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Aneesa's Muse, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I'm so discouraged... inc'ys were fine the whole time ..eggs came from a good source.... arrived on time.. but

WHERE ARE MY BIDDIES???

It's day 22...

2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Sorry to hear things aren't going as planned. Hopefully they'll hatch tonight.

When was the last time you candled?

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Mine are day 21 and nothing according to my son. Though I saw internal pips last night so I dunno.

Maybe yours will still hatch!

4. Aneesa's Muse

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I candled last ...on day 18 ..or maybe it was day 17 ...it was right before I wasn't supposed to do anything anymore..

I'm gonna leave the eggs in the inc'ys until Monday ..that's plenty of time for explosions of some sort..

....and I may never do this again.. ever!! [​IMG]

Maybe Obe and Tahti just don't want any little brudders and sissies... yeah, that's it... they want all the mealies and goodies to themselves.. [​IMG]

5. susanhai

susanhai Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2007
    middle tn
    I feel for ya... today was day 23 for us. Nothing, nothing, nothing

6. naturemom

naturemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    northern IL
    I'm right with you. Day 29 for my duck eggs, and nothing. I've been trying to figure out if there's more of that than usual on this board or if I'm just more aware of it because I'm in the same boat. I'm keeping mine until monday, too.

7. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Quote:Hopefully some will pip tonight. When you candled did you see any movement in the eggs?

8. Aneesa's Muse

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I'm sorry so many are in this boat with me.. it's a sucky boat, hunh? [​IMG]

Whenever I candled, I didn't see any movement at all.. but all air cells were intact and there were lots of veins. I candled day 7 ..day 14 or 13, maybe ...and day 17, I'm pretty sure cuz I wanted to leave them be for day 18 and onward..

It's a little sickening and very disappointing, but I have Obe and Tahti and they'll have more diapers and LOTS of Mah time to share...

[​IMG]
    Like this... It's a 2 headed Sizilkie chicken ..eatin' cantaloupe! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Diaper free butts.. cute butts, I must say! [​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:What kind of ducks are they? Muscovies take about 35 days.

10. naturemom

naturemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    northern IL
    They're Welsh Harlequins. I quickly ran my mini-maglite over them this morning and it looks like 1 has pipped the aircell, so my hope is renewed. Any idea how soon I can expect an internal pip?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by