No Public or Well water? **UPDATE** Legal right to use well? Post 1!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SarahFair, Jul 29, 2011.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Im looking at a house.. Not brand new, not that old either.
    5 acres, a pool, private...

But not well or public water?
    http://clickscape.com/1224-Carl-Davis-Road-Monroe-GA

***UPDATE***
    In case anyone didnt follow.. The property HAD a well but it is on the adjacent land the original owners owned.

I went to the courthouse and pulled all the records I could find in the time I had allowed.
    On the earliest document (1993) I could find *Construction Deed to Secure Debt and Security Agreement* I think Im allowed to use the well.
    The couple bought 2 tracks of land right next to each other and when they went back to the bank the bank just sold them as two different properties.

Here is what the document says:
    TOGETHER WITH all easments, rights-of-ways, strips and gores of land, streets , ways, alleys, passages, swer rights, waters, and water courses, water rights and power, and all estates, rights, titles, interests, minerals, royalties, easments, privileges, liberties, tenements, hereditaments, and appurenaces watsoever, in any way belonging, relating or appertaning to the Premises or any part thereof, or which hereafter shall in any way belong, relate or be appurtenant thereto whether now owned or hereafter acquired by Grantor and the reversion and reversions, remainder and remainders, the rents, issues, profits and revenues of the Premises from time to time accruing (including without limitation all payments under leases or tenacies, proceeds of insurance, condemnation payments, terant security deposits and estrow funds), and all the estate, right, title, interest, property, possession, claim, and demand whatsoever at law as well as in equity of grantor of, in, and to the same; reserving only the right to the Grantor to collect the same so land as Grantor is not in default hereunder.

If Im reading this right it is saying no matter what happens they can not deny me use of water and power rights.. (I have no issues with the power)
    So that says I have the right to use the well right?​

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  2. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I say look at the tax records, they should tell you. It might have a cistern or rain water collection, but the whole no well or no public water would also mean no mortgage company would cover it.

3. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    What's that big cistern in the third photo? Is that a pool or were they collecting rain water?

It's possible it had a well at one time, but it may have been condemned and sealed for some reason.

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Could have a natrual spring that's been tapped too.

And frankly online listings often have error after error.

5. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    [​IMG]
    Its a pool I would hope!

I look at the areal and there is no water around
    33 53'52.50" N
    83 44'38.55" W

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  6. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I'm sure it's a well. There is a septic tank. If you buy the house, make sure they empty it before you buy it. It will save you about $300. That's what we pay for ours to be emptied.

Make sure you have any future home inspected. [​IMG] You don't want to buy the "money pit".

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Some people purchase and have water delivered via water truck, which they store in some sort of tank, which is my guess as to what you are hoping is a pool. It is certainly a question I would be calling the realtor about before heading over to look.

8. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I'm guessing the well doesn't work or was condemned and so you would need to have a well put in.

9. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Then how did the pool get filled up? Yeah, find out about a well, or just contact to Real Estate company, and ask them.

10. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    We knew a family that had had a well that ran dry.

They tried for a second location but eventually were told there was no water. They put a tank system in and water was tanked in by the truck load from a water company. It cost them about $500 a month. They added new water storage cisterns for rain water for use in grey water systems but the house became essentially worthless. They were unable to sell it and unable to leave it. The husband died and the wife abandoned the house. The kids were told it could not be sold as habitable unless a better system was put in place or they ran a line from the township water line. I don't know why no one did that or what the cost would have been. As far as I know the house was abandoned.

Shame.

Granted much of this took place in the 80s.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by