No response, Nature's hatchery?? Post pictures?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Jen333, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Jen333

Jen333 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2010
    Does any one have any information on Nature's hatchery? We ordered last week through email and have had no response. We can't get a hold of any one on the phone and no reply to left message. Are they open in December? or closed for Christmas season? Does any one know if they even ship this time of year? I don't know what to expect. Their website said (on some of the chicks that we ordered) they ship most/all weeks of the year. We didn't get a confirmation they got our order and payment information. I don't want the chicks to end up sitting at the post office. Should I expect them soon or in a few months? Please post any pictures you might have of any orders that came from them! I would like to see them, not to mention I love seeing pictures of baby chicks and ducklings [​IMG] Thank you! I'm soo excited [​IMG]

These are what we ordered:
    Cayuga Duck Female X 1
    SL Wyandotte Female X 9
    Buff Orpington Female X 2
    Easter Egger Female X 2
    Barred Rock Female X 2
    GL Wyandotte Female X 9

2. YoungChickenFan93

YoungChickenFan93 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2010
    I hope they come soon!! Unfortunately, I had a bad experience with them. But i would keep calling and calling. Dont give up hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    I too have had a bad experience. Last year I ordered 65 chickens from them- 35 chickens came and I think that the SLW Roosters look great the hens are a bit on the skinny side. They came about a month after they said they would and charged me for all the birds (all 65) shipping and then.... the 30 BLRW I ordered never came- I called many a time looking for them and the response was that they were coming- each time a month from when I was talking to them. September rolled around and I really didn't want chicks in the winter so I e-mailed and called to cancel the rest of the order (not that I really think at that point they were coming) and have yet to see the shipping costs back into my bank account. I know that it was only $15 but it is the principle of the deal. I called several times trying to figure it out, e-mailed them MANY times so I know they have my info they are just not getting back to me.

When I called I always got the same man who was very nice. Like I said if you had posted this in Aug I would still have lots of praise for them but now after having my calls go unanswered for so long I don't think they are doing a good job and I would be nervous that they are ripping you off.

[​IMG] Hope you get it figured out and soon!

4. Jen333

Dec 12, 2010
    Thank you for the replies. We decided to just cancel with Natures Hatchery. So far they haven't charged us and my husband and I would rather not deal with them (or try to more). We called Ideal Hatchery and they answered the first time! They (Ideal) were very helpful. Even after ordering through them I emailed them and they responded to my questions in less them 12 hours. I really like the customer service so far and am looking forward to my order shipping on 1/19/2011 (and maybe sooner)! We ended up ordering 17 total birds from them 5 of which are ducklings. Just hopeing they make the shipping from Texas to CA! Thanks again!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  5. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    Quote:Believe me, I hope they make it, too. But speaking as a veteran postal employee, please don't blame the USPS if your babies don't arrive warm and fuzzy. I literally cried one night last winter when a whole shipment of bantie chicks arrived in my office frozen to death.

Come on people - it's just too dang cold!!! Our trucks are not insulated, and even if they end up on air transport, the cargo areas aren't heated either! Give the poor babies a chance - WAIT!

Ok - done venting.

6. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I had a pretty similar experience with Cackle Hatchery.Still havent heard back or gotten a refund since June!!... Ideal has always been great for me.They usually ship a couple extras and will replace or refund any losses within 4 days of you receiving them.With one of my orders I had over 20 extras of the same breeds.They always include 'warmers' in small orders or cooler weather.On on order I only ordered 20 chicks but only received 15,I gave her a call and she gave me the option of refund or resend at their cost.I just told her to refund for 5 lil birds.Processed the next day.Then the following week i get a call from the P.O. for my chicks.They had still sent the missing chicks plus some at no cost to me.I have been ordering from them since.The best customer service ever.I've never had to leave a msg and half the time instead of emailing me back she'll call and talk to me in person.I've probly ordered 500 or so chicks this past summer.

7. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Quote:Believe me, I hope they make it, too. But speaking as a veteran postal employee, please don't blame the USPS if your babies don't arrive warm and fuzzy. I literally cried one night last winter when a whole shipment of bantie chicks arrived in my office frozen to death.

Come on people - it's just too dang cold!!! Our trucks are not insulated, and even if they end up on air transport, the cargo areas aren't heated either! Give the poor babies a chance - WAIT!

Ok - done venting.

X2

I wish people would just wait until the temps are higher!

8. Jen333

Dec 12, 2010
    Thanks! I am new to much of this (especially the shipping - 1st time). When I talked to them on the phone, I shared my concern about shipping and they reassured me that they will add as many "warmers" as needed to make the trip safely. Sorry to hear you haven't heard back from Cackle since June! [​IMG] I have heard many positive things about Ideal [​IMG].
    Quote:I had a pretty similar experience with Cackle Hatchery.Still havent heard back or gotten a refund since June!!... Ideal has always been great for me.They usually ship a couple extras and will replace or refund any losses within 4 days of you receiving them.With one of my orders I had over 20 extras of the same breeds.They always include 'warmers' in small orders or cooler weather.On on order I only ordered 20 chicks but only received 15,I gave her a call and she gave me the option of refund or resend at their cost.I just told her to refund for 5 lil birds.Processed the next day.Then the following week i get a call from the P.O. for my chicks.They had still sent the missing chicks plus some at no cost to me.I have been ordering from them since.The best customer service ever.I've never had to leave a msg and half the time instead of emailing me back she'll call and talk to me in person.I've probly ordered 500 or so chicks this past summer.

9. Jen333

Dec 12, 2010
    I just received my ducklings and chickens this morning (1/21/2011) from Ideal Hatchery!!!! They were hatched and shipped on 1/19/2011 just as they said. All 17 baby birds are alive [​IMG] There were no "male" warmers as requested. They did a great job using insulation and I was so happy to hear them even before they were handed to me! One SLW arrived sprattled-legged and another SLW looked like she might be in poor condition. I tried to baby them all day and so far they are all doing great and active! Does any one know what / if anything can be done for a sprattled-legged chick? I really liked the customer service from Ideal and am happy I ordered from them. They really seemed to care about their poultry and my order! Thank you so much Ideal Hatchery!

10. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

heres a link that shows a little band aid splint for a spradde leg chick.. also make sure you keep it on a surface that isn't slippery, papertowel or old bath towels would be a good surface. Good luck!

http://www.poultryhelp.com/spraddle.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by