No responses..hmmmm

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by luvmybirdies, Sep 27, 2012.

1. luvmybirdies

luvmybirdies Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2012
    North Texas
    I am a new member to this community but it seems that when I post a question or something I don't get an answer. There might be a few that want to argue but that's not why I joined this group. A lot of people have been very helpful and I thank you all very much for that, but I don't understand why all questions can't be taken seriously. I'm just asking and not being rude or mean in any way so please don't take it that way. Thank you

2. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Not everyone sees every post and not everyone who sees the posts knows the answers so sometimes they get missed. There are tons of people on this site so the threads move fairly quickly.

3. luvmybirdies

luvmybirdies Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2012
    North Texas
    Thank you very much :)

4. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Sometimes it is also a matter of timing....different people on at different times...but I do know how you feel. I try to watch for posts with no answers and I post if I can help at all.

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    You shouldn't fell bad at all. I have 30k posts and half of my questions get ignored or my threads end up going into a direction that forces them to be closed. Some sections can be harder than others to get a response in.

6. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Same thing has happened to use. We can ask what we think is a very logical question and get one response only to get the post shoved way back. What's odd though is seeing 20-50 or more views. [​IMG] Think it's a matter of timing, maybe. [​IMG] So please, don't feel bad.

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Very true, I've started threads that didn't get any replies at all so don't feel like you're alone :). It depends a lot on what section you're posting in as some aren't as busy as others and what time of the day it is can affect how many replies you get, too. Plus, BYC is big with a lot going on, so it might also be that members who have the answers to your posts may not even see them.

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

9. jbirds2012

jbirds2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    paicines, ca.
    [​IMG]
    i feel ya, i like this site, but maybe it's gettin too big for it's britches. witch defeats the original reason it got started. :)

10. ChickensRDinos

ChickensRDinos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    You can always try just replying to your own thread and adding more information. This way your thread goes back to the top and hopefully something has been added that will help people answer your question

Also I think having a title that clearly explains what you need helps the right people find it. I see I lot of people use unclear titles and I think things get missed that way.

edited: because I suggested something you aren't supposed to do (oops, sorry!)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by