no roo for a month... fertile eggs? GREAT UPDATE-BABIES!

I went to Walmart yesterday and got a Coleman Max flashlight... sooo last night I candled (my first time).
hmm.png

WE HAVE VEINS AND AN EYE-SPOT(I think that's what it's called?) ! ! !
clap.gif
That's good, right?
idunno.gif
Only one egg looked splotchy, the rest have veins!
ya.gif

I'm as surprised as the rest of you... but am really happy!
big_smile.png
God is good! ! !

btw... the Coleman WAS pricey
hmm.png
... but I'm thinking sooo worth it... not only because this turned out well, but in the future for my broodies.

I have also found another hen sitting in the dog house... can't easily get to her and the eggs but am going to leave her also in hopes that hers are good also! The broodies are sisters.

God is truly good!
thumbsup.gif

When you say immature cockrels what age are you talking about? My roos always start mounting around 12 weeks old. I couldn't tell you how many times the tries made it to success but would I would imagine that I could hatch eggs from those efforts if I wanted to.
(don't know if anything I said made sense... still working on the first cup of coffee.)

Quote:
I guess anything is possible... they were born mid Summer? They are just learning to crow and have never even seen them attempt to mount girls of the same age, let alone my mature hens. Nothing mature about them that I can see. Either way, I'm happy... these eggs are either my lost roo's sons and daughters OR his grandkids. I'm ok either way!

Back
Top Bottom