No salvaged items?

wolftracks

Spam Hunter
12 Years
Nov 6, 2009
Modesto
They are rebuilding houses in my area. These houses are a pain and the people around here that own have been offered a great program through the Housing Authority to rebuild their homes and a very small payment.

So the lady across the street is staying with her friend while they are building for her. There's one house done and another being build on our block.

Last weekend I asked about the throw off and was told to check that monday. Took my grand daughter to school, so got probably 30 minutes. When I got back the smal pile had been loaded into a huge truck. So that was gone.

Today I thought I'd try again. There was pieces if PVC and lots of cut wood. Nope there's nothing there they are throwing away. I just walked out front for some air and the truck driver tossed th last little piece of PVC in to the back and drive off in the big truck again. There was also debry from a house that had been demolished in there.

Wouldn't you think they would rather have someone use it than toss it?

Maybe it's just me.

I'm not mad or anything, but that stuff is being dumped and it's a government agency, so wouldn't you think they would like to see it used rather than dumped?

Just seems strange to me.

Doesn't seem too strange to me. I can imagine 2 things.

1. The stuff is to be used somewhere else/dibs were called otherwise.

2. With people being so sue happy now a days, letting people take stuff is a liability and they would rather waste than deal with potential lawsuit.

It's been dumped. They're tearing down other homes so it all went out with the stuff the crane dropped in.

They've given things away from the other houses, the guys down the block built some awesome rooster pens for their Games I guess from what they said. It was even dropped off to them.

I try to recycle and reuse when I can, so it just always seems weird to me when places don't do the same.

A shame too, cause I had feeder in my future if I could have gotten some of that PVC. LOL

Not to mention all the bits of lumber for coops and runs.

Guess I'm the only one that feels it's ashame it has to be tossed.

Now if I saw hardware cloth in there I would have had to throw myself in front of the truck. LOL

Maybe you could ask them again if you could pick through the materials? Either that or they find it just plain easier to throw it right into the dump truck.
idunno.gif

We own a construction company and we keep all our wood scrap to burn in our wood burning boilers that we use to heat our house and barns all winter it save us a lot of time cutting down trees which in turn saves our Forrest ..

Quote:
Not the case here, but it wasn't a big deal, just odd it's going into the trucks with the demo'd houses and not at least off on it own to be used. I know they aren't climbing into those double trailors and taking them back out.

There are several companies working and the guy that is usually over seeing hasn't been around much lately. They're doing at least another 10 house in the area, so it's not like the one here that's done. That one was the first in the area for this program. They had the contracted worker, government inspectors and news cameras. It took forever to build that ladies house and it was the only one, so they just hung around, but now they have to really work. LOL

Back
Top Bottom