No shows-FED UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by banter, Sep 1, 2008.

1. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I have wasted 4 weekends for no shows-not even a courtesy of a call or email. They beg to come to see the geese-Please don't sell them to anyone else! No show-no call
    anyone else have this problem?

2. FutureChickenMan

FutureChickenMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    yep. not for poultry related stuff but I get no-shows all the time for contract jobs, apartment viewings, real estate agents etc. People just don't have any class any more.

3. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I feel for you. When I had chicks for sale I had more no shows than I could count. I now tell people I do NOT hold chicks/chickens. First come first serve. I got less no shows and some people even asked to come sooner than they originally said.

4. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    We own a campground too, and the same thing happens-no show no call. We understand if there are emergencies-everyone has them, but how about a call? People have no manners anymore!
    VENT VENT VENT!!!!!!!

5. KAKBucks

KAKBucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Central Ohio
    I think that's one reason why I'd rather charge a bit more for my chicks. To a certain point it's about the time I put into it. If someone wants 3 chicks at $2 each it's not really worth the time I set aside to meet them. I haven't had much trouble with no shows, but that would just add to the issue.

Kendra

6. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    I usually post a day and time:

"Available for viewing/pickup Saturday, between 1 and 5 p.m. only"

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I had that happen to me several times on freecycle. Hate it!

8. Struttn1

Struttn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Southern Illinois
    I tell callers that the birds go home with the first person who shows up with green. [​IMG]

9. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I hate it when I see something on Craiglist and I email the poster wanting to know if it's available and that I was interested could they please let me know and get NOTHING in return!!! They could atleast email me back and say "no longer available" or "already sold" something so I'm not constantly running and checking my email hoping I found a good bargain. [​IMG] It's happened to me twice in the last week alone [​IMG]

10. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    This used to happen to me all the time I would keep the chickens penned up all day so I could catch them when someone wanted to buy them then they wouldn't show. Or people would call at 11 PM on monday and ask to come on Saturday. That drives me nuts too. Now I only sell at the auction period much less hassles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by