No signs of life.

fowl32

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
I am on the 22nd day of incubation for my eggs.

The development seems complete when i candeled them a few days ago after i took them off turning. as far as air cell, and things are concerned

but i have yet to see any signs of life in any way, no peeping no pipping no movement.

at what point should i give it up and throw them out, and what could have went wrong. the same thing happened with my last batch i left them in 26 days and finally threw them out.

What is going on here.

(by the way the temp. was a constant 100, and the thermometer was not wrong because i thought it could be so i put another in and it also said 100. )

any assistance would be helpful because im getting really frustrated here, i payed a lot for the eggs.

What kind of incubator do you have?..What were the temps for hatch?..What was your humidity for the first 18 days and then for the last 3...All kinds of things can go wrong with hatches...

If temps are low it can delay hatches, I've had chicks pop out on day 25 ...

I had the same problem with my last hatch. At the end of day 18 when I took them off the turner there were 20 eggs with movement (however not all of them seemed to be as developed as the rest) but only 10 hatched. The other 10 did nothing. It is very dissapointing but I have no clue what happened. My first hatch went great 20 out of 24 eggs. I don't know if anyone ever really knows what happens when everything seemed to be perfect during incubation. Good luck! Maybe they are just a little late.

thanks for the comments guys,

by the way i have a tubo fan styrofoam type incubator

and i use an automatic turner so i dont have to go in.

i candel on days 7 14 and again on 18 when im taking off turner

i started with 15
on day 7 i was down to 10
on day 14 i was down to 7
but on 18 the remaining did look fine.

i think my problem could be with humidity, i feeled the groove at the bottom when it ran out of water

how can i know what to keep the humidity at? and how can i know when the humidity is wrong?

Accurite or Springfield Thermometer/Hygrometers can be purchased at Wal-marts..some use more expensive ones like a Flukers....they read your inside temps and humidity and are placed inside the bator...

Day 1 thru 18 humidity readings in the 40 to 50% range...Day 19 thru 21 60 to 70%... those give me clean hatches...

When I candle on day 18 and stop turning I always get my humidity readings up by placing more water in the trowels, a wet sponge or clean wet washcloth....

Back
Top Bottom